My sardine box view

As I read through A Sardine Street Box of Tricks I became inspired by how they were attached to their site, Queen Street. They seem in tune to how their site and the people inhabit it intertwine. This is something that is integral to our piece. “We adopted the street as as a zone of encounters; an affordance for meeting with the street’s workers, walkers…” (Crabman and Signpost, 2011, 20) After reading the book walking the site has enabled me to have a different perceptive. To have greater connection with the high street. I have found ways to explore through a tour, whether it be audio or otherwise, a version of a city that is personal to the individual.

This quiet city still is buzzing with the ability to create a world that could change someone’s perceptive. That is a real goal of ours, to change someone’s outlook on life, even for a moment. So if that means them joining in or jumping in the deep in as it were then so be it, but it seems that if we want to take these people on a journey and change their views they have to be willing. “They carried, tasted, drank, scrambled.” (Crabman and Signpost, 2011, 26) Again Crabman and Signpost have entered into a trusting relationship with their audience members meaning that they actually fully throw themselves into the task in hand. This is what we have to aim for and what we will be working on in the next couple of weeks.

Persighetti, S., Smith, P. (2011) A Sardine Street Box of Tricks. Plymouth: Blurb Inc.