Something Different?

In Mike Pearson’s Site Specific Performance text, the introduction tells us as the reader the modification between performing on a stage juxtaposed to performing in an alternative location. There are several differences between a Site Performance to a performance in the Auditorium as Pearson states “In the auditorium events are confined and controlled” whereas “At site, effects may intrude and compete for attention” (Pearson, 2010, 17).

Pearson also goes on to say that “In the auditorium this sort of thing has happened before” Nevertheless “At site, it is always as if for the first time” (Pearson ,2010, 17). Site specific is somewhat totally different to the usual theatre. Which to me at first was very daunting as it is something which I am not use to as a Drama student and it is out of my comfort zone. However I am looking forward to learning Site and seeing which other techniques of theatre there is. I’m sure with having the High Street and The Brayford as our locations, it is going to be nerve wracking at first. Undoubtedly a fabulous experience.

Works Cited

Pearson, M. (2010) Site Specific Performance. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan.

Natasha Nicolaou